Bullivant Houser Bailey's trial lawyers have more experience in evaluating, preparing, and trying personal, catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases than almost any other West Coast law firm. Our West Coast based, national practice serves many of the country's largest companies and insurance carriers. For more than 20 years, our firm has defended clients in hundreds of jury trials to conclusion in cases involving significant or highly public accidents. During this same time period, the number of cases our firm has resolved through settlement or mediation is in the tens of thousands.
Within the field of personal and catastrophic injury, Bullivant specializes in handling serious personal injury matters that include:
- Equipment (heavy and light equipment, logging machinery, cranes, etc.)
- Nursing home facilities (neglect, misdiagnosis, and compliance standards)
- Premises liability
- Construction site accidents
- Highway design accidents
- Automobile, trucking, and motorcycle accidents
- Aviation and marine accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Pharmaceutical and medical devices (silicon breast implants, heart valves, fen-phen litigation, etc.)
- Medically related cases (asbestos injury defense, painter's asthma, closed head and brain damage, etc.)
- Environmental contamination
- Toxic exposures
- Vehicular devices (shock absorbers and jacks)
Our depth of experience has helped us to develop best practices and game-plans for investigation and the preservation of evidence, discovery, depositions, and the retention of experts.