Bullivant Houser Bailey PC provides services to members of the financial services industry, from banks to savings and loans, finance companies, leasing companies and other national and international lenders, focusing on issues of bankruptcy, transactions, regulatory matters, and estate planning.
Many of our attorneys have experience working in-house at banks or corporations, and their experience enables us to share an in-house perspective in our legal problem-solving techniques and management of legal risks and related costs.
Our financial institution services include:
- Drafting and negotiating credit and collateralization documents involving secured and unsecured transactions and collateral of all types
- Negotiation and preparation of loan origination and workout documentation including foreclosure and receivership actions
- Enforcement of creditors' rights in state and federal courts and bankruptcy proceedings
- Prosecution and defense of lawsuits arising out of problem loans and complex limited partnership investments, including multi-million-dollar cases involving contract, business torts, lender liability, banking and trust law, and RICO
- Substantial trial experience in negotiable instrument, letter of credit, and other operations matters, as well as class actions involving challenges to banking fees, practice, and procedures
- Defense of accountants, financial advisors, and other participants in securities transactions
- Representation of trust departments of banks
- Advising national banks and holding companies regarding issues arising under bank holding company acts and securities laws, as well as federal and state banking regulation matters
- Advising financial institutions regarding compliance with all major state and federal laws affecting consumer loans and deposits, including the federal Truth-in-Lending and Truth-in-Savings Acts, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and state real property, consumer protection, and licensing laws