Bullivant Houser Bailey PC's Emerging Business Group is dedicated to assisting entrepreneurs, investors, and emerging businesses with the unique and often challenging issues faced throughout the formation and growth process of their companies, from the protection of intellectual property to the financing of growth, to assisting in the successful completion of the initial public offering. We have the experience and resources needed to assist our growing clients, whether this involves mergers and acquisition activities, international licensing and distribution arrangements, or counseling of directors and officers.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for being not just legal advisors but integral and valued members of each client's business team. In order to anticipate and meet our clients' needs, we invest the time needed to learn each client's business and industry. Our goal is to provide practical solutions to our clients' business and legal problems in a manner that allows them to focus their attention on the important task of growing their businesses.
Attorneys in our Emerging Business Group represent emerging businesses in all aspects of their formation and growth, including:
- Formation and structure of start-up companies
- Founders' arrangements
- Technology acquisitions and licensing transactions
- Stock options and other compensation matters
- Business plan review and advice
- Intellectual property protection and counseling
- Private placement and venture capital financing
- Nondisclosure, employment, and consulting matters
- Joint venture and strategic partner relationships
- Public offerings
- OEM and other distribution agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Director and officer counseling