Employment Law Boot Camp - Seattle, WA (Pre-approved for 4 hours of HRCI credits)
Employment Law Boot Camp
Speech Category Employment Counseling & Litigation
Cedarbrook Lodge, 18525 36th Avenue South, SeaTac WA
8:00am - 12:30pm
Pre-approved for 4.0 hours of general recertification credit through HRCI.
Bullivant's Boot Camp provides practical management training and techniques for supervisors, managers, HR professionals, and business owners. It is particularly helpful for newer managers and supervisors who have not had significant experience with HR issues, and will give them a broad, basic understanding of HR issues and employment law. The training will empower all participants to deal with the tough issues they face when managing employees and will give them a broad, basic understanding of HR issues and employment law. In this half-day seminar, we will not just discuss effective management skills, but will have attendees practice these skills in interactive sessions using real-world examples. Attendees will learn:
- How to recognize and handle discrimination and harassment, and how to handle employee complaints of discrimination and harassment
- Why job descriptions are so important
- How to recruit in legal and effective ways
- What issues should be covered with new employees
- How to determine whether a worker is an independent contractor or an employee, and why the distinction is so important
- How to address issues that come up with ill and injured workers, including accommodation and leave issues
- How and when to discipline employees
- How to conduct employee evaluations
- How to avoid problems with overtime and pay issues
- How to terminate employees with the least amount of legal risk
- Management communication skills to address issues raised by recent economic tough times, including: reductions in force, pay reductions, furloughs, and cutbacks
We will review new state and federal laws from 2009, including the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, the proposed ADAAA regulations, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the changes in the Family and Medical Leave Act (including the most recent new regulations that implement those changes). In addition, we will discuss some changes in the law that might be on the horizon for 2010, and how those potential new laws could impact employers and their practices. This Boot Camp applies to employers with operations throughout Washington, and will include information about Oregon and California laws as well.
The seminar will be held at Cedarbrook Lodge, 18525 36th Avenue South, SeaTac WA 98188. This half-day seminar will include legal updates, training, and scenarios. Cost is $95 per person, $145 for two people from the same company, and $20 for each additional person from the same company.
To register and pay via credit card over the phone, please call Trish Scott at 206.292.8930.
To register via mail, please click on the related PDF below.
Please register by Friday, April 9, 2010.
||The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.|